Keep in mind, you don’t really need any of the stuff listed on the Packing tips page except for:
- your passport
- US$ cash
- major credit card (VISA and/or MasterCard)
- paper tickets or a printout of e-tickets (airline, cruise line, train, tour coupons, etc.) – not essential, but it sure makes life easier!
You can survive any trip, providing you have the above items – and a cool head!
Don’t panic if disaster strikes while you are away from home – help is available in every country. If you have access to sufficient funds, you can always buy new clothes and supplies, and a ticket home.
I hope you find these travel tips of value. If you have any suggestions for improvement, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I always appreciate feedback…leave a comment below, if you prefer.
- Things to do before you leave – often overlooked
- Tips to make your house look lived-in while you are away
- Health and Travel Insurance – important!
- Packing tips – focus on the essentials
- Travel Planning – how to get there, save money, and still enjoy yourself
- Mobile Phones – using a mobile phone while traveling and cellular service options
- Personal security – take the Timex, not the Rolex
- Hazards While Traveling – health and security
- Travelling solo can be fun and liberating
- Transportation – car rentals, local flights & tours
- My Personal Travel Philosophy – some things to think about…
- Keeping a Travel Journal – get more out of your travel experiences, and remember more!